- Advanced Enzyme Technologies Ltd. (AETL) is acquiring JC Biotech for Rs 50 crore and 70% stake
- JC Biotech was founded in 2004 and had set up a fermentation plant at Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC) Growth Centre with a total investment of Rs. 42 crores
- JC Biotech’s last year financials – INR 39 crores turnover; low margins [INR 2.5 crores; 6-7% PAT (profit-after-tax)]
- JC Biotech who are active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) producer, has API enzyme Serratiopeptidase as their main product
- Serratiopeptidase is an anti-inflammatory protease enzyme produced by Serratia marcescens through the processes of aerobic fermentation.
Read more on moneycontrol.com
- AETL’s strategic acquisition of JC Biotech differentiates AETL in competitive enzyme market which includes Novozymes, DuPont etc.
- With bigger and better marketing bandwidth of AETL, the margins and Toplines of JC Biotech products will improve.
- Anti-inflammatory enzymes helps in – controlling inflammation, Optimize Blood Flow, may reduce Severity of Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Ulcerative Colitis; increase immunity; may prevent colon cancer; reduce Severity of Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.