Kirkland Signature – Organic Coconut Water
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MOFPI) has issued draft guidelines for implementation of the proposed scheme for expansion of food processing and preservation potential in the country.
- The scheme intends to provide a financial assistance of up to Rupees 5 crore for a food processing unit.
- The core objective of this scheme is to expand and modernize processing and preservation units which will ultimately lead to reduction of wastage and will improve farmer’s income.
- The scheme is said to provide 35% eligible project cost in general areas & 50% of the cost subjected to a maximum of 5 crore in north eastern states including Sikkim, Himalayan, island areas and ITDP areas
- The different sectors benefited under this include Fruits & Vegetables, Meat & Poultry, Milk, Ready to Eat (RTE’s), Breakfast cereals, Pulse & Rice milling. Other sectors include Agri-Horti, spices, Brewery, food flavors and additives
Read more at financialexpress.com
- This step by MOFPI can act as a game changer in Food processing Industries
- This will create more job opportunities for skilled & un-skilled workforce and will help in growth of GDP of India