- Homeopathy company, Dr Batra’s, aims to operate 450 clinics globally in the next five years and will invest Rs 20 crore in international expansion in 2016-17
- As per them, homeopathy is recognized in 86 countries and the market is growing at 25% internationally but there is stagnant growth in India
- It has presence in Tier-I, II and III Indian cities and will look to enter new international markets like Bahrain, Switzerland, Canada, France, Malaysia and South Africa
- Stringent healthcare regulations in international markets could pose a challenge
- Sometimes, registrations and work permits for doctors are difficult in these countries
Read more at articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com
- IIPL Bytes:
- It will be interesting to understand on why there is stagnant growth of homeopathy market in India?