Tender coconut water is being marketed in tetrapacks, aluminium cans and PET bottles.
Recently, we tasted Kirkland Signature’s packaged Organic Coconut Water in USA and it felt very much like the tender coconut water that is normally sold in the roadsides in our India.
It has been branded as “Organic Coconut Water” because the coconut trees were reared organically.
Claims: 99% Juice, Naturally Hydrating, Not from Concentrate.
Honest Claims: “Not a significant source of fat, calorie, Fibre, Vitamin A and Iron”
- Organic Coconut Water
- Less than 1% Organic cane sugar,
- Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
Nutritional Highlights (per 100 ml):
- Zero Fat
- Low calorie – Only 18 kcal
- Electrolyte: Sodium 9 mg + Potassium 188 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 4.5 g
- Sugars: 3.9 g