CVDE enzyme optimization can be a key for improving crop productivity
- Indian agricultural sector comprises of 60% of the population with a mere 17.9% contribution to the GDP of the nation
- Crop failure due to 2 droughts consecutively has led to inflation of prices and meagre income of farmers
- NDA led government have taken several major policy decision to alleviate this problem.
- Some of these include providing crop insurance at lowest-ever premium rates through Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna and higher budget allocation stated in Niti Aayog aiming to double the income of farmers within next 6 years
Read more at merinews.com
- Major changes in the policies and efforts from government with real sense of helping the farming community are needed to make this sector strong and sustainable
- Substantial investment to adopt technologies in agriculture, that in the long-run, would help contain weather vagaries, better water management, contingency crop plans, e- marketing for better price etc, are in place