- Cottonseed Price (Control) Order, 2015, aims to notify the maximum selling price for Bt Cottonseed along with the trait-value
- Licensing & Formats for GM Technology Agreement Guidelines, 2016, if implemented, will require the technology providers to compulsorily give license to all applicants
- It said “a more conducive regulatory environment is critical for the long-term growth of the GM seeds and controlling the GM seeds licensing of technology providers may further restrict R&D of GM crops in the country”
- Growth of GM seeds lies in –
- promoting R&D of GM seeds for new crops
- timely approvals for commercialization of new varieties
Read more at economictimes.indiatimes.com
- Why no other GM crop has been approved since commercialization of Bt Cottonseed in 2002?
- It was developed by Mahyco Monsanto Biotech (India).
- What are the learnings from 2009 roll-out of field trials to assess the bio-safety of GM crops?