- Its a non-governmental organization that works with communities dealing with environmental pollution & health problems principally caused by extractive industries.
- It provides high-level technological and scientific support (completely free of charge) to the communities with whom it works; helping them to assess the damage to the community’s resources and enabling them to promote restorative actions.
- They are currently involved in 21 projects in 11 countries, across five continents.
- They have received the 2016 Intel Environment Award
- The study showed high concentrations of pollutants in surrounding rivers (up to 1000x the limits) and that 100% of the population should be urgently hospitalized due to the presence of heavy metals in their blood.
- The study was instrumental in the local government’s push for the adoption of Law 29293, which supported relocation of the town.